(EE/EY/EF) Corner Lights; Final Discussion

wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
Since the topic of whether CRX/Hatch/Sedan corner lights will work on our Wagons or not has come up several times before, i decided to make a small little write-up on it. So will it they fit?? Short answer: NO, they will NOT.

Long answer with proof: :lol:

Hatchback/CRX (CRX is not exactly like this, but it doesnt really matter):

Notice that the lower portion of the rear is curved/rounded and the use of a metal bumper filler.

77.jpg

Sedan:

Notice that the lower end goes straight down towards the BACK of the car without curving, and the use of a metal bumper filler

78.jpg

Civic Wagon/Shuttle:

Notice that the lower end goes straight down towards the FRONT of the car without curving, and the use of a plastic bumper filler (the wagon in this pic has a JDM EF bumper and painted bumper filler... but you still get the idea :D). Also, 88-89 have two screw holes in the corner lights, 90-91 do not.

79.jpg

All Civic Hatch/Sedan/Wagon CRX used the same Headlight housing though, so those can be intermingled as long as you stay year specific (88-89, 90-91). you can swap around the mounting brackets if you wish to use the headlight housing for a car of a different year style. :lol:

I hope this was useful :D :D :D

Comments

• duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    finally...an end to this :P

at least we have this straight now
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    :thumbsup:

Correct.
  • NJCIVICWAGON1NJCIVICWAGON1 Council Member
    Nice write up!
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    ya i was realy hoping to pick up some amber cobners guess i have to make them now.
  • JDMshuttleJDMshuttle Senior Wagonist
    have clear ones for sale
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Also something else to note, notice the two screw holes in the top image? That denotes 88-89. Flush (without screw holes) is 90-91.
    JDMshuttle wrote:
    have clear ones for sale
    How much?
  • JDMshuttleJDMshuttle Senior Wagonist
    check the parts section under Jdm & Edm parts for sale
  • freddogg509freddogg509 New Wagonist
    will the corners from a 90-91 wagon fit a 89 wagon????
  • duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    difference between 88-89 are that they have those two screw holes. 90-91 do not have them
  • ZLITESZLITES New Wagonist
    I read the post the Billboard posted up on how he sprayed his headlight corners. As anyone tried the same or similiar method on the rear corner lights?
    I sprayed the tail lights with this transparent red spray paint.
    AODCU0PHI4BDQNT.JPG
    P8DD1M02M5R5JNO.JPG
    Nice. That actually looks better than amber/orange
    Just curious. Amber corners and signal lights are more of EDM than JDM. And Clear corners and signlights are more JDM than EDM. Someone correct me if I'm wrong thanks.
  • Both EDM and JDM cars had clear front corners with solid amber rear blinkers...

I dunno where the all amber JDMness came from?
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    Kahuna is right,

EDM/JDM had clear corners, amber tails.

all that amber corners stuff i believe might have been passed down from certain JDM CRX's or idk, but its not in anyway OEM/JDM/EDM/etc for the EE wagon.
    Thanks, don't want to go on amber my front corners and call it "JDM". Good lookin out
    hehe, just like those "JDM" short-shifters that were made in China and whatever else bullcrap they have on eBay :lol:
    True True. Is there a way to custom make clear corners? Or do I have to purchase EF corners? I'm assuming USDM corners came in this orange (not amber) corners thingys because that's how I bought my wagovan
    you CAN make custom clear corners.. i have no idea how but Akiraboy did, could ask him.

USDM corners are 1/2 clear 1/2 amber(orange). (USDM outer tails are 1/2 red 1/2 amber)

EF hatch/sedan corners will NOT FIT!! check the first post on this thread ;)

so if you want TRUE EDM/JDM clear corners you are going to have to find someone with them.

-cheers!
    Thanks
  • none of them will fit our wagon i tried with the crx 90 91 one... is a little bigger but has the same shape but if you modify the fenders might fit thats what im goin to do... dont even try the rest.... my car is a 90 civic 4wd wagon
  • shenrieshenrie Council Member
    wagodizzle wrote:
    All Civic Hatch/Sedan/Wagon CRX used the same Headlight housing though, so those can be intermingled. :lol:

This part is wrong, but just barely. The 88-89 headlight assemblies dont have the upper tab for the screw that holds the 90-91 corners on. So if you want to convert to 90-91 corners to eliminate the two screwholes that are visable on teh 88-89 corners, youll either need to make a mounting tab for the corner light or get the headlight buckets from a 90-91 car.
    very true, thoguh by housing i meant just the actually headlight assembly. you can swap mounting brackets and this way swap around headlight housings :D

thanks for the heads up, i editted the topic ;)
  • FURACERMANFURACERMAN Band Wagon
    No one makes an aftermarket corner light? I ebay'd with no luck.
  • ragenasianragenasian Moderator
    There are no aftermarket makers for wagon specific corners. If you want clear you will have to find them from someone who can source them from Europe or Japan.

There have been a couple of members who have modified their fenders to house the CRX/CIVIC corners if you want to go that route.
  • TooRandomTooRandom Band Wagon
    this is perfect. i think this should become a sticky!
    it actually is, sorta. its under the quicklinks at the top of the page. ;)
  • downtrooperdowntrooper Band Wagon
    i have a 94' wagon ee4 and i want to know if the shuttle clear bumper lights is the same than crx/civic 90/91?
    i have a 94' wagon ee4 and i want to know if the shuttle clear bumper lights is the same than crx/civic 90/91?

no.
    its the same as the 88-89 civic hatchback or sedan. not CRX..