Who wants a Carbon Fiber Hood for their 88-91 Civic Wagon??

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum & am proud to say that I have 2 Civic Wagons. 1 is an 88 Civic Wagon I recently picked up that has only 87k original miles & my other is an 89 Civic Wagon with a JDM SOHC VTEC motor swap with OBDI Conversion.

I'm really digging the cars for their practicality in terms of carrying cargo as well as their cool old school styling. I have a shop in long beach & was very interested in getting some nice OEM style Carbon Fiber Hoods made for our cars from 1 of my local manufacturers I use to make most of my Hoods I sell. I know that parts are limited for these cars so I'm hoping to change that by getting these hoods into production & possibly carbon fiber or fiberglass trunks, spoilers, lip kits, etc if there is enough interest.

To get things started I would need a minimum of 7-10 people @ $400/per hood. If anyone is interested please contact me at: Randy@JDMCARBOY.COM

If there are more than 10 people, the price will drop down to $375/each

For anyone wanting a hood in fiberglass, the cost would be $300 so you could save a few bucks by going that route.

All the hoods would be grade AA & be 100% made in the USA. Production time would take 1-2 months to get made depending on how quickly people sent in their payments, etc.

Comments

• JDMshuttleJDMshuttle Senior Wagonist
    hey frank rember i told you about the hood heres the guy hit me back i have an extra hood we could use ????? :shock:
  • Sweet, feel free to bring the hood by the shop or hit me up if you wanna meet up around 626 area

I really wanna get these hoods into production soon so I can rock mine by the end of summer. I can also post pics to show the quality of the hoods that would be made. They basically look just like a seibon oem cf hood in terms of the finish & the underside with the preinstalled hood latch.

Good thing about them is that they're made locally in Socal & that means that people wouldnt need to wait on backorders for them as with hoods by VIS Racing, Seibon, etc that source their hoods from overseas in Asia which takes a few months to arrive. Basically once the mold is created & the hood is test fitted, hoods would only take around 1-2 weeks to be made.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Once was enough. ;)
  • davensdavens familEE
    Hear, Hear!
  • What's up with the "once was enough"? I'm relatively new here, so I don't know much about the board history. Some kind of scam?

My electric Wagovan could use some lightening, and a fiber hood sounds like just the ticket.

<edit>OK, I'm stupid. Just found the other thread.</edit>
  • haha yea, just posted that in case no one was searching

if you're interested in a hood, please post your user name on the board & I will make a list until there are enough members to get this started:

1. jdmcarboy
    2. wagom4n
    3. JDMshuttle
    4. Bisimoto
  • akiraboyakiraboy HondaCivicWagon.com Founder
    welcome to the board, ouch! another wagon guy who owns 2 wagons :lol:
    although there is someone who owns like 6-10 so all we need to do is get him 2 buy like 10 of em :roll: lol

I currently have a cf hood from an ef that went under the knife so you can imagine what I had to do to get it to work, not the prettiest piece...

I would be interested in a better quality hood if by chance we can get more people on board. Once this is done, the topic could make it to the vendor marketplace.
  • That sounds great!
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    I'm keen for it on the condition that someone could ship the damn thing to New Zealand for me... :lol:
  • It could be done, but it definitely wouldnt be cheap. If you wanted to arrange your own shipping that might work best.
  • wagom4nwagom4n Wagonist
    count me in randy! JDMCARBOY= :thumbup:
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    jdmcarboy wrote:
    It could be done, but it definitely wouldnt be cheap. If you wanted to arrange your own shipping that might work best.

Ouch. The quote i got on shipping makes it way too expensive, i can get one made here for less. Cheers anyway though.
    You guys should jump at this offer, carbon fibre for t3h wagons! w00t!
  • 3 people interested so far including myself.

if I can get closer to 5-7 people I can get this started & will cover the rest of the expenses & if anyone else wants to order a hood later it will still only be $400
  • Can they be painted to look like stock, instead of that clear-coated shiny carbon in all the pictures? (Please forgive my newbie ignorance. This is the first time I've worked on anything but a Beetle, and that's all bolt-on stuff. I've never done any aftermarket body work.)
  • mvmmvm Wagonist
    Would they be made almost like a ZC style hood with the hump on the drivers side?

If so this is something I am very interested in because of its rarity. :D
  • shenrieshenrie Council Member
    Id be all over this if I wasnt putting hte EF-9 front on my car. Kick ass deal for those rocking the stocker hoods!! Jump on it boys...and ladies (I think theres a few ladies in these forums, right??). Now if you can make me one with a reversed cowl and cut for SiR headlights, put me on the list :lol:

A few words of advice for the construction of these hoods though. Definatly a nice metal reinforced hood latch so one wont be required to have hood pins, and reinforced hinge stays. Ive heard a lot of horror stories about hoods flying off at high speeds and taking out numorous things on the car along with the damage to the other cars on the freeway. Oh ya, and rolled edges are a nice touch as well. Just make sure your bases are covered :wink:

And yes you can paint CF hoods to look stock, in some cases they will actually last longer if you do.
  • Yea these hoods would be identical to one from seibon with metal preinstalled latches.

Also, I can get the hoods done in fiberglass in case theres some of you that want to save some money instead of getting them in carbon fiber. It would be around $300 for a fiberglass hood.

As far as ZC & SiR hoods I would need to do that later on as I'd need someone to actually customize one of thoes hoods & then make a mold off of one of those hoods. Since I want to ensure good fitment I thought it'd be better to start out with an oem style.

I'm even up to get a front lip made & maybe even sideskirts & rear lips made if there was enough people interested. If anyone has access to a jdm bodykit that would be a really cool project to get started. Maybe one of the boards New Zealand or other Int'l residents can assist us on this.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Theres no body kits here that you won't find in the states. ;)

Nothing wagon specific at all.. well long ago there was, but no longer. It was as pretty as a rats bum.
  • what about this?

aerofront.jpg

I was thinking a simple front & rear add on lip kit might be a nice thing to have & I think I heard somewhere that 90-93 integra sideskirts fit the wagons in which case a mugen style might not look too bad.
  • akiraboyakiraboy HondaCivicWagon.com Founder
    I made your topic a sticky so others can see it at the top

sorry I didn't do it sooner

the pic is comin up as a red x
  • After seeing Akiraboy's CF hood on the car, I am 100% down for ones of dem. Good work reppin HCW at the show Akiraboy :!:
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    That pic you posted up is of the AERO kit that i mnetioned... Ferkin ugly IMHO. Can't get those here but you may find one in Japan... rare as hens teeth though. The rear bumper is the worst part, has some ugly grille thing.

But thats just my opinion... ;)
  • Sorry, I just sparked three regulators to death, and I need to downgrade to a manual rack. That's my $400 down the tubes for a while, probably two months or more.
  • judebert wrote:
    Sorry, I just sparked three regulators to death, and I need to downgrade to a manual rack. That's my $400 down the tubes for a while, probably two months or more.

??

After seeing Akiraboy's CF hood on the car, I am 100% down for ones of dem. Good work reppin HCW at the show Akiraboy

yes, frank you did a great job. i hope to see more wagons with cfh's. whatever happened to the custom job someone here posted? is that not going forward? i saw somewhere online that you can make your own with a kit, i think it was called paper-sissors or something like that and the guy was selling the epoxy glue, cf and instructions for around $80. the important thing is to use a vaccum bag w/air compressor.

i kinda want one but with my hood latch attached on it and drilled holes for my water squirters just like OEM but in carbon fiber form.

the guy hasnt hit me back about it i dont know yet
  • 1qwikef1qwikef Band Wagon
    I will also buy one cause i cant find a damn stock hood in good condtion and it would Be bad ass to have a CF hood...woot woot
  • 1qwikef1qwikef Band Wagon
    1qwikef wrote:
    I will also buy one cause i cant find a damn stock hood in good condtion and it would Be bad ass to have a CF hood...woot woot
    lets get them damn hood moving... im painting my wagon here in the next week or so and dont want to have a 3k paint job and a shitty hood :x
    i have a extra hood what color do you need??
  • JDMshuttle wrote:
    i have a extra hood what color do you need??

he doesn't want your hood.
    he wants a CFH.

no shit but the carbon guy hasnt got back to me
This discussion has been closed.