recover headliner

Comments

• stephenstephen Senior Wagonist
    any new headliners out there?

this isnt sticky yet?!? :shock:
  • khemistrykhemistry New Wagonist
    Do you have to remove the old vinyl headliner? or you just basically slap in and glue the fabric from the top of the existing one?
  • khemistry wrote:
    Do you have to remove the old vinyl headliner? or you just basically slap in and glue the fabric from the top of the existing one?

Yep just glue and cover of the original headliner!
  • any new headliners out there?

this isnt sticky yet?!?

maybe a new sticky thread, headliners

i had a good look at mine lately, its nice, clean and stock

: ))
  • Anyone have more pics of what they have done? :D
  • BigBurch422BigBurch422 Band Wagon
    so im about to try this soon, what all exactly has to be done to completely remove the headliner?
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    so im about to try this soon, what all exactly has to be done to completely remove the headliner?

you mean taking it out? you have to pop out all the plastic trimming from the door pillars/aches, and also remove the hand grips, rearview mirror, the buttons along the top center and the dome light. there is also a trim piece along the trunk, its rubber.
    the headliner will then simply drop.
  • stephen wrote:
    any new headliners out there?
    Word.

Took me three times to get the headliner to stick, but I'm pretty damn happy with how this turned out...
    186.jpg

187.jpg
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Dub put his mums pajamas on the headliner!
  • Haydz wrote:
    Dub put his mums pajamas on the headliner!
    haha,...

"yo momma's so fat, you used her pajamas for a custom headliner!"
    ooooooooooooooohhhhh! burn!!
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    doitdub wrote:
    "yo momma's so fat, you used her pajamas for a custom headliner!"
    ooooooooooooooohhhhh! burn!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Dub you should get some more of your mums pajamas and do the door lining, it will look choice!
  • vtecn8ivevtecn8ive Senior Wagonist
    Haydz wrote:
    Dub you should get some more of your mums pajamas and do the door lining, it will look choice!

I'm with him on this.
  • vtecn8ive wrote:
    Haydz wrote:

I'm with him on this.
    Will keep it in mind!
  • My headliner i did a while back hahaha

599.jpg
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    considering doing mine in my latest wagon- but i have so many project
    for that wagon its insain... but im on the verge--- anyone measure or
    know how long the wagon headliner is????
  • DarthevoDarthevo New Wagonist
    BillBoard wrote:
    considering doing mine in my latest wagon- but i have so many project
    for that wagon its insain... but im on the verge--- anyone measure or
    know how long the wagon headliner is????
    I do believe that they mentioned 3 yards by 45 inches. Maybe give yourself another yard for 'whoops' moments. Once my wagon comes out of the mechanic's shop I'm going to do this. Want to find out if anyone has step by step on what parts to remove so that the head liner comes out. :)
  • wago_90wago_90 Wagonist
    i used some extra strength spray adhesive too but it wasnt strong enough cuz its drooping in places now so ill have to redo hopefully walmart still has the same fabric left
    while i was at it i did my rear speaker pods too

• Dude that looks so good.
  • udubrx7udubrx7 Senior Wagonist
    It looks so good that I have been looking at fabric online for the last 2 hours. What the fuck is wrong with me? Let us leave that question unanswered. I found a pretty good cheap online fabric supplier. http://www.craftconn.com They even sell so-called "fat quarters" HAHA! Unfortunately it is just a new method they have devised for measuring and selling fabric.

Here's some examples:
    fanzz442gthm.jpg
    fguzz3529thm.jpg
    fkitt256t.jpg
    fkitt030t.jpg
    fmstt528cthm.jpg

Or you can go here: http://www.distinctivefabric.com and get stuff like this:
    bubble-2.jpg
    furryzebra-1.jpg
    3tonefur1-1.jpg

Now everybody go make a custom headliner but don't use the green dinosaurs in the jungle one that shit is mine!
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^
    lol
  • I agree, after seeing the fabric you guys have installed, I want to go start ripping out the insides of my Wagon :lol:
  • Swipe'dSwipe'd Wagonist
    so doing something so cool. and while your at it, might as well do the DA map light install too...
  • ls_ef_juggalols_ef_juggalo New Wagonist
    has anybody tried this on a headliner thats got alot of what looks like weather cracks? mine looks kinda bad. if you have tried this on a cracked one did it come out good?
  • has anybody tried this on a headliner thats got alot of what looks like weather cracks? mine looks kinda bad. if you have tried this on a cracked one did it come out good?
    Yes, it should work fine...mine was cracked when I did it.

Also guys, when you have your headliners down, I'd take the opportunity to reseal the roof skeleton to get the roof some more support.
  • doitdub wrote:
    take the opportunity to reseal the roof skeleton to get the roof some more support.

Ohhhhkay. You mean just gluing the roof skin back onto the "spine" support? Or you mean something more involved?
  • skinnyskinny Senior Wagonist
    Roof to the spine. There are alot of two part epoxies now that are just as strong if not stronger then welding that would work great
  • My brother runs his own upholstery biz and he redid mine in blue versus the stock white..really offsets the blue/white interior...will post pics soonest

Now to get those front seats re-done...:-P
  • ls_ef_juggalols_ef_juggalo New Wagonist
    did mine over the 4th of july weekend and i really like the way it came out. most people are not to fond of the pattern but i like it :) the locktite spray seems to of worked really good too
    244.jpg
  • ohyeahcrxohyeahcrx New Wagonist
    Gonna do mine soon, definately look in the kids section of the fabric store hahaha