1988 Civic Wagon - Paint Restoration and Detailed - Many Before/After Photos

How is this for a first post? I know this forum will appreciate the condition of this gem. ;)

A couple of weeks ago I finished detailing this 1988 Honda Civic Wagon. The owner is a member on here.

Unfortunately these are Iphone photos so they cannot capture what they eye truly can in person. Prior to the paint restoration it was dull and the paint was more yellow than a nice pure white. The car turned out amazing! Please enjoy and please feel free to leave comments!

Tools:
Rupes Bigfoot 21
Porter Cable DA
Uber 6.5 and 4.5 foam pads
Menzerna FG400
Ammo Hydrate
Ammo Skin
Sonax Wheel Cleaner
Adams APC
1:1 IP
Megs' detailer's clay bar

The car:
111.jpg
112.jpg
113.jpg

Wheels
Before
114.jpg
After
115.jpg

Roof
Before
116.jpg

After (ignore the haze...)
117.jpg

Side Shot
Before
118.jpg

After

119.jpg

Mirrors
Before
120.jpg

After
121.jpg

Wing
50/50
122.jpg

Hood 50/50
123.jpg

Front End
Before
124.jpg

After
125.jpg
Engine after some Adam's APC
126.jpg

Some "After" shots
127.jpg
128.jpg
129.jpg
130.jpg
131.jpg
132.jpg
133.jpg
128.jpg
134.jpg

And lastly, some photos out in the sun. Its horribly cold here so the pictures are pretty bad.
135.jpg
136.jpg
137.jpg
138.jpg
139.jpg
140.jpg
141.jpg

Comments

• simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Nice work. Car looks amazing!
  • JwagonJwagon Band Wagon
    is there like a how to or certain way to go on about to do it yourself? by the way you did an amazing job on that car it looks hella new
  • zakbloomzakbloom Band Wagon
    Any tips or methods on the plastics that you would like to share? ie bumper, wing, trim, mirrors and such.
  • Wow great job! So clean and shiny :)
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Jwagon wrote: »
    is there like a how to or certain way to go on about to do it yourself? by the way you did an amazing job on that car it looks hella new

So Awesome! Would love some more specific steps as well. If one was to aquire the right products and apply them in order, as directed, in attempt to obtain similar results themselves.

Nice work, regardless!
  • kingxcorekingxcore Band Wagon
    Menzerna fast gloss 400 is hands down my favorite compound. I top off with super intensive polish 1500. Just wondering what kind of pad do you use with the 400. Normally my routine is a meguiars red soft buff pad with the 400 and a microfiber pad with the 1500. Also what did you do with the mirrors?