Hood search

Ive looked and searched this whole site. I need either some place i can order a cheap replacement hood or how to fit a crx or sedan hood on my wagon. I just need a hood or maybe repair cost. Please anybody help me out my time is running out. Just want to put my wagon on the road:sorrow:

Comments

• DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Go hood-less????

a CRX & Sedan hood won't fit.
  • cjramah1cjramah1 Band Wagon
    I would love to go hoodless but i live in brooklyn new york so thats a no go. I know other hoods wont fit without modifications i wanted to find the write up thread link or where to find a cheap hood besides a junk yard
  • marklmarkl New Wagonist
    go to car-part.com. This is going to involve a road trip, but there are several within a few hours of you.

MArk L
    Thats the problem the wagon is my only means of transport n right now its not moveable i need like hood repair estimate or a galvanized hood for cheap like $150 to $250 shipping included
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    The problem is that there are no aftermarket hoods available for wagons. It's junkyard or nothing.

Why is it not moveable without the hood? Or can you just straighten the hood enough to shut it so you can go after one?
    Its moveable kinda the hood is tied to the t-bar no passenger headlight or corner and i just dont want it to fly up i was thinking since the crx hood is wider i can use a hood riser rig and use that for the while till i can find a hood
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    A lot of infos been killed b4 2009 due to the latest site upgrade.

A CRX hood will fit but the sides need to be trimmed about a inch.Honda Tuning magazine did a 5 part Civic wagon mod series years back.They used a carbon fibre hood .If you use a hood riser I'd think i'd look pretty good kinda like a hood "Wing" w/o trimming.
    thank you so much that helps majorly i can finally piece my things together now that i know for sure would it make a difference preface lift or post crx?
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    cjramah1 wrote: »
    Ive looked and searched this whole site. I need either some place i can order a cheap replacement hood or how to fit a crx or sedan hood on my wagon. I just need a hood or maybe repair cost. Please anybody help me out my time is running out. Just want to put my wagon on the road:sorrow:

http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?6-(EE-EY-EF)-Exterior-Cosmetics-Information&highlight=bonnet

You can see here that nothing is a direct fit but people have suggested that the CRX hood/bonnet will fit with modification.
    SiWagon wrote: »
    A lot of infos been killed b4 2009 due to the latest site upgrade.

No data was lost other than one single user who was banned and had only one post. I think maybe you just need to re-familiarise yourself with the search function?
    Here is a thread from 2005 regarding fitting a CRX hood/bonnet to a wagon: http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?19-Akiraboy-s-RT4WD
    so do yo think i can fit it with the hood spacers for the time being without trimming or it has to be trimmed because i just need it to link up to that t-bar and be set until i can get a junkyard hood the thread helped but alot of the pics are not working
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    You cant rely on the internet having pictures for every single thing you want to do, might just have to try it just like someone did once then put pics on here
    Totally understand but i cant exactly start buying parts to mess with i need a solution 1st then i can mess with other things later
  • eighty8crxeighty8crx Band Wagon
    sounds epic. i'll be hunting for a cf hood now.
  • eighty8crx wrote: »
    sounds epic. i'll be hunting for a cf hood now.

try tenbytencarbon.com they have alot of EF stuff and maybe even some EE stuff too
    I appreciate all the feedback but all i really want to know is if i get a crx hood and use hood risers will it fit witout much problems.
  • i found theres a bunch of dead links in here too. when people posted a few years back and reference civicwagon fourm it is a dead link for the most part.

but it still is packed full of info. and i appreciate it.

i am still wating for my buddy to give me his crx hood to test fit it. hopefully i can cut it and bolt it on.