Mirror Mod??(4g w/EK Mirror)

OK...correct me if Im wrong but I do remember reading on the old forum that 99+ Civic mirrors fit on wagons?

Can anyone confirm this?

eBay has tons of spoon knock off mirrors that are cheap and would be a nice touch! :wink:

Comments

• duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    i think someone just threw that out as a suggestion. my knowledge is that the mirrors are wagon specific. a couple of people had tried to put jdm mirrors on it and found it to not work...
  • I just got my Pass. side mirror.. got pretty luck and found a junk'ed wagovan at a local junkyard... the guys want $60!!!... but i managed to get them down to $40... i couldn't believe they wanted so much for it... Shady ass guys wouldn't give me the inside plastic panel... oh well.. good luck..
    Oh and yah.. the wagon mirror are a lot taller and shaped very different from the rest... trust me, i tried...

• those yards are notorious for overcharging..unless i absolutely have to pay..which means it's too big to fit into my pockets, i walk on out with it..hehehe.

90% of what i got from the yard i walked out without paying..

• HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Between EF's the actual mirror and housing is the same, whats different on the wagons is the triangle mounting bracket. Get EF replacement mirrors and bobs your uncle. :D
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    mrwagovan wrote:

90% of what i got from the yard i walked out without paying..

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • Pacifier wrote:
    Between EF's the actual mirror and housing is the same, whats different on the wagons is the triangle mounting bracket. Get EF replacement mirrors and bobs your uncle. :D

U know my uncle Bob? :P
  • damn i wish i read this thread first :x

just bought 2 sets of JDM EK folding mirrors one power retract for my coupe and manual folding for my wagon (but i would still try to modify it to fit in! :twisted:)
  • marc-111 wrote:
    damn i wish i read this thread first :x

just bought 2 sets of JDM EK folding mirrors one power retract for my coupe and manual folding for my wagon (but i would still try to modify it to fit in! :twisted:)

Keep us posted! I swear I read on the old board that someone was able to make 99 Civic mirrors fit with little mods...
  • summer time will try to post it all, mirrors and tons of PHDM stuff and 2-3 sets of rims are still with my GF :cry:
  • ThatDoodleThatDoodle Council Member
    hey cutie. i was the one who used the 99-00 si mirrors on mine. its not direct bolt on. i had to file down some edges and corners to make them fit.

wNTk4NjI4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
  • akiraboyakiraboy HondaCivicWagon.com Founder
    hey cutie. i was the one who used the 99-00 si mirrors on mine. its not direct bolt on. i had to file down some edges and corners to make them fit.
    can this be a writeup
  • FSC4wdFSC4wd familEE
    Can we PLEASE have this as a write up.