1996 RD1 Honda CRV now 1998 Manual CRV

Comments

• igorigor Band Wagon
    Needs more bash plates, chunky tyres and general filth!

:P
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Haha we will see. Tyres on it now are near new so will use them up a bit first.

Currently have on the way:
    -Mugen Headers
    -Mugen Grill
    -Mugen Muffler
    -Bilstein shocks
    -Cusco Front and Rear Strut Brace
    -19mm Ultra Racing Rear Swaybar
    -Everything for cambelt
    -Rear Diff Fluid
    -E Audio amp for front speakers

Also have a Mugen Intake I may use sitting in the shed and a 38mm Halfsized Ali radiator

Just have to wait for it to all arrive and then have time to install
  • AaronAaron Wagonist
    Woah woah! What direction are you taking this car?
    Comfortable Daily style,
    -my Shuttle is too low and solid engine mounts make it loud for comfortable commuting on NZ Roads.
    -my DB8 has way to hard suspension for NZ Roads and I am paranoid about leaving it parked places I dont know

This will be mildly modified but only bolt ons and relativly subtle, I will raise the suspension slightly and run some slightly bigger tyres for a little more ground clearance (bottoms out on a couple tracks I've taken it on) but for the most part will stay nice and comfortable and ready for Camping/Fishing/Road Trips etc
    Installed my new Pioneer Speakers this morning. Wow they sound amazing even just being powered by the headunit. Cant wait until I install my amp now.
    Only gripe is that the tweeters are quite "bright" but that may change after some use.

Mid:
    732.jpg
    Tweeter:
    733.jpg
    Interior:
    734.jpg
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    ^not crazy about the tweeter location, is there a way to mount them in the doors??

or i dunno...
    Not keen on cutting the door trim at all so need to be on the dash (also can fiddle with location more to get better sound). As it is the sound is angled up towards the windscreen in front of the driver so that the sound meets there and bouces back towards the drivers head so that both sides sound balanced.
    They are quite big tweeters though so stick out a bit :(
    NZ-DB8R wrote:
    Not keen on cutting the door trim at all so need to be on the dash (also can fiddle with location more to get better sound). As it is the sound is angled up towards the windscreen in front of the driver so that the sound meets there and bouces back towards the drivers head so that both sides sound balanced.

yeah i wouldnt wanna cut the doors either...

if they werent so big it may be possible to hide them behind the heater vents....??
    ^they'd probably block the heat... not safe? hrmmmm... i dunno... i got no more suggestions.... love your crv though....
    I just took it for a drive and honestly you dont notice them sitting there, GF didnt see them till I pointed them out.
    And from the outside my registration label covers one an the ODO verification cert sticker covers the other.

If I put them in the vents they would be firing straight out and sound bad, they need to angle towards the middle.

Thanks though, its a work in progress but I start my new job tomorrow so will have a little more spending money to get it up to standard :D
  • I know alot of people mount them on the window pillars, but that would require cutting also, those interior pieces would be easier to find for a spare set though.
    black_89gt wrote:
    I know alot of people mount them on the window pillars, but that would require cutting also, those interior pieces would be easier to find for a spare set though.

yes i like this idea... :D
    They are WAY to big for that(pictures dont really show their true size), I would have to make some custom piller trims from fibreglass as well otherwise they would stick out even more than they currently do as they are too deep to flush mount
    For now they are alright where they are, in the future I may move them though
  • igorigor Band Wagon
    black_89gt wrote:
    I know alot of people mount them on the window pillars, but that would require cutting also, those interior pieces would be easier to find for a spare set though.
    NZ-DB8R wrote:
    I'd be putting them in some pods attached to the A-pillar and aiming at the interior light. If you want to get all technical and actually trial where to aim the speakers, use a bunch of blu-tack to hold them in place for testing different positions.

A pillar trim pods are easy peasy to make and don't take much time at all. Hell, they don't even need to be held in place with screws, some decent double-sided tape and you are away laughing. They don't stick out that much either, most people who jump in my car don't tend to notice them.
    Having made fibreglass speaker pods before Im not very interested in making anymore :lol:

Anyway, this lot showed up:
    929.jpg
    So this lot showed up, I have some work to do (CVT fluid is for diff, Honda says its the same as DPSF)
    In there is:
    Cambelt
    Water Pump
    Tensioner and spring
    All belts
    Oil Filters
    Crush Washers
    Pollen Filter
    Diff Oil
  • pyangpyang Band Wagon
    I'm digging the color aqua, been thinking about painting my future car (when I get one) like that :) I've seen some fits that color and a del sol... I'd have to say win :D
    I liked the torquoise too (my GF didnt). If it was manual I would have kept it but couldnt put up with auto I decided.
    I bought it for $3900, polished it, did a few hundred ks and sold it for $5100 10days later :mrgreen:
    The new silver one was a little more than that
  • pyangpyang Band Wagon
    NZ-DB8R wrote:
    I liked the torquoise too (my GF didnt). If it was manual I would have kept it but couldnt put up with auto I decided.
    I bought it for $3900, polished it, did a few hundred ks and sold it for $5100 10days later :mrgreen:
    The new silver one was a little more than that
    lol... what a steal. Maybe just b/c your car isn't USDM it looks nice <3
    More parts:
    709.jpg

Sadly my exhaust bolts are rusty as (i.e rear flange for muffler is almost rusted away so I didnt manage to get the muffler swapped over after work today
    ^is that a mugen wing?? or grill???
    Mugen:
    Grill
    Muffler
    Headers

Bilstein shocks with RS*R springs (springs lower 60mm which I dont want to so will be sold)
    NZ-DB8R wrote:
    Bilstein shocks with RS*R springs (springs lower 60mm which I dont want to so will be sold)

moar low!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jyessss?
    Less low! Will be getting some lift springs that raise it approx 25mm but then dropping the spring perches so the lift is only about 15mm
  • Mr GMr G Wagonist
    NZ-DB8R wrote:
    Less low! Will be getting some lift springs that raise it approx 25mm but then dropping the spring perches so the lift is only about 15mm

Sweet another lifted crv.

What spring were you planning inn using?

I'm currently running the BDS springs but there discontinued and one of the front ones is cracked. :(
    Either "King Springs" or "Dobi Sport" springs, they both do lift springs.

I have the measurements of the sidemarkers for you written down in my notebook at work, will forward them onto you this week.

What size tyres are you running? I am tossing up between 205/75 or 215/75
  • Mr GMr G Wagonist
    Currently 215-70-15.

I think my next spring shock combo is goIng to be bilstein and old man emu or the dobi ones.
    How do you find that size? Do you have pics of yours with those tyres and the lift?
    Im wanting something bigger than factory but not too extreme

I will let you know how the Bilsteins go, I got them for $300 as opposed to $2000 new. They look to be in very good condition so have possibly only done few kms.

I need to cut off my old exhaust flange where the muffler bolts as it has basically rusted away. I will get a new one and weld it on hopefully next weekend.
    I am also halfway through polishing the headers and muffler
  • Mr GMr G Wagonist
    I can get pics of the size difference, the summer tyres are 205-70-15 wich is stock, when I bought a set of snowy's I wanted something bigger so I ended up with 215-70-15.

Now I'm looking at a set of Yokohama geolanders in 215-70-15 or in a 16 on stock Honda wheels.
    I have Geolanders in 205/70 on the front of my CR-V now, they are great. The back has half worn Firestone Destinations.

I am currently choosing wheels then maybe in a few months will get bigger tyres, I was thinking same size as you 205/75 or 215/70 but after seeing this pic I might (just might) go for 215/75:
    789.jpg
  • Mr GMr G Wagonist
    The 215-75-15 don't look to bad. There's just not a lot of clearance in between the tire and the upper ball joint with the stock wheels. If you change the offset the you can go pretty big. I wounded how he did it.
    Thats good to know, the wheels I have my eye on are 15x7" +38et, also available in +28et but I dont think they will be right