Underseat storage tray (odyssey vs Wagon comparison/install)

So I finally decided to put this to rest. I bought the Odyssey underseat storage tray to compare to my wagons underseat storage tray.

So the wagon tray has been discontinued but you can still buy the Odyssey tray for 28 bucks.

The TRAYS are identical, and the holders are almost identical except for the feet that mount it to the seat. So it looks like only the little metal feet have been discontinued not the tray or the mount :lol: .

32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg

SO if any of you want to buy a tray for your empty rack 28 bucks for a brand new one. No longer do you have to buy the SUPER RARE one for the wagon. :wink:

I will be mounting the whole thing tomorrow to see how it sits on the bottom of the wagon seat. There is a nice spot on the bottom to mount it. I will have more pics tomorrow.

Comments

• What about the CRV trays?? My wife has one in hers but I haven't torn it apart to check it against a wagon. Don't have the wagon tray :cry:
  • You know I haven't even checked my Cr-v. I will check that out and see.

I am putting this up so that if you don't have the wagon tray you can buy this. I will have it mounted to my wagon seat tomorrow to show everyone you dont' have to buy the "rare" wagon one. I will be using the complete Odyssey kit.

This was 28 bucks plus shipping NEW!
  • Okay I just ran out (cold as f@#$ outside) and checked the CR-V. THe CR-V tray is not a match to the odyssey/wagon trays. It was twice as wide.
  • ragenasian wrote:
    Okay I just ran out (cold as f@#$ outside) and checked the CR-V. THe CR-V tray is not a match to the odyssey/wagon trays. It was twice as wide.

Bummer :( My wife almost got jacked :lol:
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    great info- how do i order direct from honda?????
  • BillBoard wrote:
    great info- how do i order direct from honda?????

Go to a Honda dealership that has a parts dept. or Majestic Honda Parts on the web. Majestic is going to be cheaper just to let you know but there is shipping.
  • Here is where I ordered mine from. The price changed slightly to 28 but they notified to let me know of the price change before they ordered it. Packed it well, and shipped fairly quick.

http://www.ahfmotorsports.com/product/ahfcat-05f.html

Pictures of the install with the complete Odyssey kit later today :wink:
  • Here you go guys.

Here is a quick writeup. I didn't take a lot of pictures as this only took me ten minutes to do. I don't know if the bottom of the USDM wagon seats are the same but I wouldn't see why they wouldn't be considering that some wagons also had the trays. So this is for you that don't.

First to show the difference in wagon vs odyssey here is a photo of the fitment of the stock wagon tray.

79.jpg

So I used Microsoft Paint to do this so it sucks, my apologies.

Red circles are for the stock tray hole locations
    Green circles are for stock holes that were there for I don't know what
    Yellow is where I drilled new ones (I widened one stock hole)
    Black plugs are from the odyssey kit

80.jpg

I widened the top hole (green/yellow) with a number 9 bit (metric). I mounted the tray with the one screw and marked off the other two holes.

The odyssey kit comes with three screws and three plugs (for the screws). You will have to trim the corners up seeing as how the odyssey plugs are for square holes and not round ones. I got a blade and trimmed where the red lines are you see. (look close they are there)

81.jpg

I pushed them in (used a little tapping of the hammer to help it in) and screwed the tray in. I guess you could have just drilled a small hole and used the screws but the plugs push against the metal when you use the screws and it is in there very very tight now.

Here is a pic of how it sits now. Not much difference if you ask me and no longer that rare 8)

82.jpg

So no longer RARE and only 28 bucks NEW plus shipping.
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    Great write -up.
  • ThaClutcHThaClutcH Senior Wagonist
    Oh Nice. Might Have To Get Me One. Hmmm. :roll:
  • SiWagon wrote:
    Great write -up.

Thanks Siwagon!

I know this isn't some super rare wagon part but I have been asked about aquiring these before and figured I would go ahead and fork out the change and do a comparison and install for those who might be interested.
  • Just a quick update on this for anyone in the market. I found 2 of these complete setups at my local yard if anyone wants.
  • man i love this site....i never thought about underseat trays....thats badass. very good idea and write up...ill investagate this for mine, i just pan swaped my seats for the DA so my underside is still all wagon thanks for the idea.
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    im going to try to do it on both sides but does anyone know if it will fit the passenger and driver seats?
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    yeah it will fit both. but if you have a 90 or 91 you will need to custom bolt it on and also reroute the seat rail wire as it will be in your way.
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    good to know as i do have a 91 wd with power seat belts.

how hard is it to reroute the wire?
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    easy.. i just used my own fence wire that i ran along the top of the tray bracket from the first hole to the second. works great, had no issues since i got it like 1.5 years ago.
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    ragenasian wrote:
    Here is where I ordered mine from. The price changed slightly to 28 but they notified to let me know of the price change before they ordered it. Packed it well, and shipped fairly quick.

http://www.ahfmotorsports.com/product/ahfcat-05f.html

Pictures of the install with the complete Odyssey kit later today :wink:

as an update. the price is now 31.00 plus shipping, in my case im in cali my shipping is 20.00.
    they stated they have never sold it for 28.00 cause i asked why did the price go up from 28.00.
  • Honda list on this is $35.18 currently. I can do better than that. There are right now only 23 left in Vintage Parts (the warehouse company that Honda uses to house old parts like that). I can get you these too guys. It takes about a week for me to get parts from Vintage, and then however long it takes UPS or USPS to get it to you. The '90-'91 USDM wagons have different seat bases because of the motorized belts, it makes this install a little more difficult, as it has to be customized.
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    Honda list on this is $35.18 currently. I can do better than that. There are right now only 23 left in Vintage Parts (the warehouse company that Honda uses to house old parts like that). I can get you these too guys. It takes about a week for me to get parts from Vintage, and then however long it takes UPS or USPS to get it to you. The '90-'91 USDM wagons have different seat bases because of the motorized belts, it makes this install a little more difficult, as it has to be customized.

im confused on what your are saying.

are you able to get us these parts for less than 31.00? or less then 35.00?
  • Sorry for the confusion. Less than BOTH.... around $29 plus actual shipping charges.
  • DarthevoDarthevo New Wagonist
    So this is compatible with the 89 DX wagons right? Anyone have a part number for the Odyssey bin?
  • AlphaxomegaAlphaxomega Senior Wagonist
    676.jpg
    8)
  • josephisjoejosephisjoe New Wagonist
    i know this is old, but anyone still have these bins?
  • JayTeeJayTee Wagonist
    i know this is old, but anyone still have these bins?

Try your local dealership. But from what I have found is they have been discontinued.

I have one in my car, I think its the wagon version though. Kinda neat
  • beastmodebeastmode Senior Wagonist
    Nice, I wil be doing this upgade...thanks for the info! Now i got another storage spot to stash some things besides the glove box.
  • edizzleedizzle New Wagonist
    i just found a tray holder/bracket at the junkyard for $1 thanks on the info for the odyssey tray compatability... my new search begins!!!
  • I wish these trays were not discontinued :(