Bumper removal

Hello All,

I searched all 14 pages on the Body/cosmetics mods sections & couldnt find a write up on how to remove the front bumper? Does anyone have pics?

Thanks

Comments

• There are 2- 10 millimeter bolts behind each bumper light and screws on on the edges of the bumper in the fender wells. It should all come off as one piece, bumper skin/foam insert/metal reinforcement bar. This might help some :wink:
    www.civicwagon.com
  • White&NerdyWhite&Nerdy Senior Wagonist
    Couldn't have put it better myself. Been there, done that. It really is that easy. :)
  • is this a quicklink ?
  • evol911 wrote:
    There are 2- 10 millimeter bolts behind each bumper light and screws on on the edges of the bumper in the fender wells. It should all come off as one piece, bumper skin/foam insert/metal reinforcement bar. This might help some :wink:

Your the best! Thanks! :D
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    is this a quicklink ?

If you think it should be then post the link into the appropriate quicklink thread and i'll sort it out from there.
  • evol911 wrote:
    There are 2- 10 millimeter bolts behind each bumper light and screws on on the edges of the bumper in the fender wells. It should all come off as one piece, bumper skin/foam insert/metal reinforcement bar. This might help some.

Don't forget to do the "screws on the edges of the bumper in the fender wells" last and ask a buddy's help to unhook the bumper.

GL !!!
  • Aarron_MAarron_M Band Wagon
    There's also two bolts on the bottom of the bumper. Anyone else have trouble pulling off the top portion(filler) between the bumper and hood, lights?
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    Aarron_M wrote:
    There's also two bolts on the bottom of the bumper. Anyone else have trouble pulling off the top portion(filler) between the bumper and hood, lights?
    what two bolts?
    only 4 bolts hold this thing on.
    once you have the bumper off you can easily pop off that trim piece. its clipped in place.
  • Marc_EE9Marc_EE9 Senior Wagonist
    my bottom two bolts were totally rusted, so had to give it some wriggle to get it off them, but I usually undo them to get it off, as well as the x4 behind the lights and ones in the arch
  • skinnyskinny Senior Wagonist
    With all this bumper removal talk going about im surprised no one has taken the time to measure the cut outs for fog lights. Both sets of cuts outs :lol: Looks like I may need to take mine off today :roll: