home made cargo cover

heres a pic of my recent home made cargo cover, using window curtain and a few stick on hooks

Comments

• continued
  • contin....
    these are cutains that are used in home. its only about 10 bucks or so from homedepot, the brackets are couple cents, the curtain is 57" wide but have been cut down to 48" wide by the homedepot associate.. best of all, this curtain is enrollable so i can just pull it and it'll retract
  • nwasnwas Band Wagon
    looks like shit, but good job!
  • nwas wrote:

hahhaha yes i agree it looks like shit. but its a sucessful project that costs only a total of $20 or so
  • nwas wrote:

HAHA WTF!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • LMAO, Gotta give you props for the attempt though.
  • !! cargo sheet, it's a cargo sheet

there are tuffer fabrics to find ...
    if you can increase the spring-loaded part ...

i give it an A+ for boldness, bunch of obsessive,
    compulsary never settle for less than the best-wankers
    therefor, you should replace coathook by meathooks

we like big steaks on the bbqmeet
    : )

ps. future colorvariations/pictures?
  • spicybasilspicybasil New Wagonist
    good idea ,but i think u could do better than that.
    have any one try to make EF cargo cover fit?
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    Won't work.Too narrow.
  • 1990-1994-ish honda concerto cargo covers ...
    if that is the same name/model in the states ...
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    we didnt get the Concerto over here. i did fabricate a 90-93 Accord wagon cover to work though, in a similar way you did :P
  • Old SkoolOld Skool Council Member
    I used a mustang hatch cover, notched out to spots in the rear seat belt holes and the width is perfect, the rear just mounts around the hatch arms :) I'll have to get better pics of it
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    That's great.Looks better than the Accord Cover Mod.
  • NJCIVICWAGON1NJCIVICWAGON1 Council Member
    SiWagon wrote:
    That's great.Looks better than the Accord Cover Mod.
    2x... I got the accord cover mod. :|
    diz 1?? havent used it in forever :?

(jebus my headrests used to be nastyyyyyy :lol: )

240.jpg
  • What year of mustang was that from? Looks awsome :!:
  • Old SkoolOld Skool Council Member
    I believe it was from a '88-'93 .. I will check this weekend thou.. Now I just have to dye it and change my beat up trunk panels with my new blue ones (have to dye them too :( )
  • Wago, is that an actual wagon rear cover??
    Dead_Bunny wrote:
    Wago, is that an actual wagon rear cover??

its from an 4th gen Accord wagon :o
  • And it's a direct bolt in?? or modified?
    direct :mrgreen: well, sorta... hold on, let me find my old thread on this hahahaha...
    wagodizzle wrote:
    for those that have always wanted that beautiful amazing and practical cargo cover but just cant seem to find one ANYWHERE cause its fricking rare as hell, well, next alternative is to get on out of a 4th Gen Accord Wagon. 90-93.

parts needed:

-cargo cover assembly (duh)
    -mounts and the bolts on the mounts. the accord comes with 4 mounts, you only need two.
    -hook thingies w/ bolts.

first of all you need to bolt in the mounts.

the best location i found is right here---

51.jpg

you're gonna need to drill holes to mount these on. very easy.

do that too both sides and you are DONE. well, almost. also going to need some hook things or whatnot to grab the cover when it pulls out. you can see how i mounted it right here.

52.jpg

here are some shots of it open and closed.

53.jpg

54.jpg

overall it was an easy and cheap mod, and its nice to be able to cover crap. everything cost me $10 :D

disclaimer: outcomes may vary, dont come crying to me if it fails.

wow such an old thread lolz. i never really got used to it, so i just took it out.

btw my headrests arent disgusting like that anymore, and my seat folding knobs arent brown anymore either haha :oops:
  • I must say, it's really clean! also, i like the fact that you have a medical pack in the back of your wagon...it's for when you brutally slaughter your enemies! :lol:

Let me know if you want to get rid of the cover.
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Wago,
    I like the way you think, simple yet effective.
    My interior is grey, maybe you just needed blue pieces...
    Oh, and Nice brown knobs...
    LOL!
    DRMORTY wrote:
    Wago,
    I like the way you think, simple yet effective.
    My interior is grey, maybe you just needed blue pieces...
    Oh, and Nice brown knobs...
    LOL!

:mrgreen: thanks.

lol, those brown knobs are long gone. also the cargo cover was repainted nicely flat black, etc... this was the freshly installed pic.

meh, like i said, i havent used this thing in a long time.
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    I might just have to try it. I was thinking about trying to make a hard cover that folds, like in the crxs. But that accord one fits pretty good.
  • ctmee2ctmee2 Wagonist
    DRMORTY wrote:
    I might just have to try it. I was thinking about trying to make a hard cover that folds, like in the crxs. But that accord one fits pretty good.
    yeah i agree im going to have to do this to my wagon. 90-93 accord wagon right?
    yep.
  • ThaClutcHThaClutcH Senior Wagonist
    I love the accord one. Too bad I have rear speaker pods. I need to find a way to cover my subs rather than using a San Diego Chargers fleece blanket. Haha.
  • I just picked up a "Actual" OEM wagon cover, and I was looking up to see how people mountd them. I have to say Wagodizles looks almost exactly like the "real" wagon one. The only diffrence is the way the cover mounts behind the seats, but you would never know the diffrence. So instead of busting your noggin to get the wagon one, just find the accord one (not sure if its any less rare though).

I was actually hoping to find somone here with the OEM "cloth" style covers to see where/how they mounted everything. I think its one of those "drill into the plastic panle" jobs that I freaking hate.