home made cargo cover

13»

Comments

• wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    ragenasian wrote:
    I would but seeing as how you are whoring your car in the marketplace not sure if I should :lol: :lol:

lets just sayyyyy last week was rough.
    would you do me the honors and delete that thread?? :P
    DRMORTY wrote:

Are you going back to the way it started and getting out of it?

i will never get out of it. :mrgreen:
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Wago, what cover do you have? the accord conversion?
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    :x Answers on page 1.
    SiWagon wrote:
    :x Answers on page 1.

hehe..
    DRMORTY wrote:
    Wago, what cover do you have? the accord conversion?

mmhmm
    I want a Beagle/Shuttle Bull bar... If any one wants my Wagon Cargo Cover...
  • Fl.boostEEdFl.boostEEd New Wagonist
    you wanna sell your cargo cover morty? ill buy :)
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    If you want to talk marketplace then take it there, lets keep this on topic.
    do they make an oem one?
    yeah.. I have only seen a few, Mine and 2 others... Have to find used and alot of these cars have gone to the junk yard
    dang i want an oem one lol. i like the home made ones but for some reason i want to do my wagon as oem as possible except the wheels of course
    you can still keep your wheels somewhat OEM too :mrgreen: deep dish steels mmmmm
    wagodizzle wrote:
    you can still keep your wheels somewhat OEM too :mrgreen: deep dish steels mmmmm
    very true and i love the way they look :) ill start with the cargo cover. wanna pm me about how much widened steeles go for?
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    my fix n this situation has always been to DARK Window Tint those 2 side windows and the hatch and its a done deal no one will ever know U GOT JUNK n Ur TRUNK...
  • Furn619Furn619 Band Wagon
    spent all day looking in junk yards for the accord cover. walking down the last isle of the last yard.... oh look another 90-93 accord front end... thinking this is going to end up like the rest with no cargo cover.... walk around to the rear and could not believe my eyes! :shock: the hatch was almost closed with about a foot of the cargo cover sticking out!!! $7.87 later i was driving home a proud new owner of my very own cargo cover :mrgreen:
  • imdbuiimdbui New Wagonist
    haha awesome find! I'm still looking for one.
  • JesseCRXJesseCRX Council Member
    I am working on my own cargo cover right now. I am a huge fan of the CRX Cargo cover, so I plan on making something very similar but it's going to be much much lighter.

Here is the rough template.

It's going to crease just like the CRX cargo cover, yet still leave the speaker pods in plain view.
    www.civicwagon.com

Going to be doing some more progress on it this week. I think you guys are gonna dig what I have planned hehe.
  • imdbuiimdbui New Wagonist
    JesseCRX wrote:
    I am working on my own cargo cover right now. I am a huge fan of the CRX Cargo cover, so I plan on making something very similar but it's going to be much much lighter.

Here is the rough template.

It's going to crease just like the CRX cargo cover, yet still leave the speaker pods in plain view.
    www.civicwagon.com

Going to be doing some more progress on it this week. I think you guys are gonna dig what I have planned hehe.

update?
  • ^x2 update
  • H_civic66H_civic66 Senior Wagonist
    What happend to the update? If anyone reads this from what I understand the oem goes over the pods right? Can you post a pic of how high its mounted? Thanks
  • H_civic66 wrote:
    What happend to the update? If anyone reads this from what I understand the oem goes over the pods right? Can you post a pic of how high its mounted? Thanks

Yea oem is a retractable vinel cover with tiny hole for the speakers.
  • JesseCRXJesseCRX Council Member
    ^x2 update

I apologize for not posting an update. With all the holiday craziness and drama going on with family I haven't made time to finish the cargo cover. I am looking for material that is not going to be heavy or saggy. Of all things I plan on using....drumroll.....curtain rods as a primary mounting brace for one side of the cover and draw strings for the other half.

My project room was pretty much overtaken by one of my brothers..hence the delay.
    Hell, I still wanna hurry up and do my headliner, install my overhead speaker pods and install my fender mirrors :(
  • cargo cover i did
    75.jpg
    76.jpg
    77.jpg
    78.jpg
    79.jpg
    80.jpg
    81.jpg
    stained
    82.jpg
    83.jpg
    cleared
    84.jpg
    85.jpg
    installed
    86.jpg
    88.jpg
    90.jpg
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    that looks good. what are you using to hold it up?
  • 8 L brackets just holding it up, screwed into 4 of the L brackets doesnt make any noise and opens up perfectly
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    where are the L brackets mounted to? the plastics?
  • yeah just the plastics. its not heavy.