DB2 Armrest installation

I forgot to take pictures of the re-padding procedure...I used some high-density foam from the craft store.

The Integra has threaded inserts here...not so the wagon.

229.jpg

The carpet has to be cut for the mount to go through, just be patient and cut a little at a time. In the photo above you can see where the front edge of the "leg" fits up to a ridge in the floorpan, that gives a good reference to be sure it's installed square. I first tried using Tek screws, but they stripped before pulling down tight enough to suit. There are now nuts on the underside of the car,,,you'll have to trust me on this one :lol:

the carpet folds back in place:

230.jpg

and there you have it!

10.jpg

231.jpg

232.jpg

Comments

• Well s@#t now i need to find one of those armrests!!!
  • Nice work. A simple mod you read about but never see the actual install. Thanks for taking the time to add pics.
  • Wow, that's purdee !!!

Great, now I miss my wagon EVEN MORE !!!!

232.jpg[/quote]
  • :mrgreen:
    that doubles the value of any wagon

great write-up
  • StockStock Wagonist
    I've never cared for the design of the EF's armrest, seems like it would be flimsy or buckle under load. How does it feel?
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    It feels pretty solid, as armrests go. I wouldn't try to sit on it!
    Like most Honda stuff, it's more substantial than its minimal appearance suggests. I took it from a '92 model car with 306K miles and it wasn't hurt yet...the foam in it was shot is all.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    its pretty solid amr wrest; looks flimsy but is supprisingly sturdy... i had
    mine recovered in black tweed...
  • stephenstephen Senior Wagonist
    another excellent write up bam. man i wish we lived closer together....lol. i have so many projects you could help with!
    I'm sure!

Next trick: I want to add a 12V accessory plug either in the armrest or in the rear ashtray for my phone charger...
  • stephenstephen Senior Wagonist
    have you ever taken out the glove box? i need to replace mine and am curious how difficult it will be....

i think the rear ash tray would be a cool place for the accessory plug. get crazy and put an 110 outlet in the hatch too.....
    glovebox is easy, just had it out working on OBD1 swap wiring and cleaning AC evaporator. The '88-9 style (flat face) is different from the '90-91, not sure if they'll interchange...probably not.

110V, hmmm... I do have a couple of inverters laying around :twisted: I usually keep one in the car with me in the wintertime to charge my HID bike lights.
  • MikeBMikeB Wagonist
    Hey, Bam-Bam - the Integra DB2 armrest looks almost identical to the Accord '90-'91 armrest. Do you think that would work? I can see that the shape of the bracket foot is different (but still similar). There have been a couple on eBay lately, that's what prompted the question. One of the sellers measured the width of the bracket (5.5") and the width of the armrest cover (5") and it looks to me like it would work, if I can make the bracket fit. Thanks for any advice.
  • skinnyskinny Senior Wagonist
    I think monday Im gonna call auto adventure and see if they have an armrest. I know alot of my mods have been little stupid things but its about the creature comforts with me, that and MPG they rest is a added extra :D
    MikeB wrote:
    Hey, Bam-Bam - the Integra DB2 armrest looks almost identical to the Accord '90-'91 armrest. Do you think that would work? I can see that the shape of the bracket foot is different (but still similar). There have been a couple on eBay lately, that's what prompted the question. One of the sellers measured the width of the bracket (5.5") and the width of the armrest cover (5") and it looks to me like it would work, if I can make the bracket fit. Thanks for any advice.

looks to me like it would work. You're gonna be drilling the holes to suit anyway, right?
  • skinnyskinny Senior Wagonist
    bam-bam wrote:
    There are now nuts on the underside of the car,,,you'll have to trust me on this one :lol:

Well yeah where else would they be? in the intake? :lol: Did you use any special fasteners and or locktite?
    skinny wrote:
    bam-bam wrote:
    There are now nuts on the underside of the car,,,you'll have to trust me on this one :lol:

Well yeah where else would they be? in the intake? :lol: Did you use any special fasteners and or locktite?

I just meant that I wasn't going to get under there for a pic! No Loctite, just used some regular Honda flanged nuts... maybe a little Alabama loctite?
  • DB2 armrest are rare find. i need one for my waggy....................

wagon....................4ever................
  • MikeBMikeB Wagonist
    Check eBay, there's a gray Accord '90-'91 armrest up now.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0336382170

My blue one from eBay should be coming later this week. Yay! :D
  • shenrieshenrie Council Member
    Nice writeup.

Last one of those I installed I was being lazy and just shot 4 sheetrock screws in it 15 minutes before a roadtrip. Didnt remove the seats or anything, lol.
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    nice duude.
    i have a couple of follow up questions.

do you have a list of other honda's that would also work?

year and model of car?

also do you know if there is a brown color version?
    949 wrote:
    nice duude.
    i have a couple of follow up questions.

do you have a list of other honda's that would also work?

year and model of car?

also do you know if there is a brown color version?

Sorry, I don't really have a list, and am not sure about brown. It does look like MikeB's Accord one would work. Mine is from a '92 4-door Integra.
  • 50 bucks hmm local junk yard time !!!!!!!! lol ill make something work
  • vtecn8ivevtecn8ive Senior Wagonist
    Got my armrest about a month ago. Plan to install it today. Picked it up FREE from the junkyard (had a bunch of other crap)
  • slo88crxslo88crx Senior Wagonist
    Nice but GL finding one of these armrest in a junkyard around me I've been looking for ever! But great write-up Bam! Do work!
  • aaharris47aaharris47 Band Wagon
    YES! that is seriously one of the only things missing from my wagon.
  • Swipe'dSwipe'd Wagonist
    you dont have auto belts correct?
  • adamEFwagonadamEFwagon Senior Wagonist
    Swipe'd wrote:
    you dont have auto belts correct?
    he does have auto belts, i think thats why he used that one.
  • only the db2 can successfully be done like this, i just tried to install one from a 90-91 accord and FAIL!... where the integra bends outwards on both sides, the one from the accord only bends outward on the right side making it too small to be done correctly without breaking the plastic part of the armrest stand itself! maybe someone else has better luck at this but i dont!
  • 91RT4WD91RT4WD Wagonist
    How about a real Wagon ArmRest Console?
    Armrestsh5box.jpg
    Armrestsh5bag.jpg
    Armrestsh5distant.jpg
  • Ultra baller