Dash code

I've given up on waiting until I find a LHD EDM brown lower console. I went ahead and got a grey one. I plan to attempt to dye it match the rest of the interior.

I have an 88 fwd AT wagon. Interior is brown.

Any idea what our dash code is or suggestions how I can go about getting the closest to oem dye to color match it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Take a brown part of your interior (like your glovebox lid) into the shop and get the closest matching paint you can find? I think you guys have a brand called "sem" ? That most people use
  • sillyasianzsillyasianz New Wagonist
    Great idea. Cheers mate!
  • +1 to what Dove said, SEM makes good quality stuff and I've seen several people match interior colors with it quite well and it's durable.

I'd recommend pulling the whole console, the trim around the climate control/radio and the bit around the shifter/ebrake all that lot and just paint the whole thing. Even with a spot on match, it can't always account for any UV fade that may have occurred. I know here with my car in Texas when I pulled the trim bit around the seat belt receiver there was a very very distinct line where it was hidden by the side of the seat.

That won't be that bad on the center console, but I'd definitely want to match things as closely as possible.
  • Oh man a gray lower console! Jelly!

I could only find brown ones last time I looked.