Window Regulators

Did a search and didn't come up with anything. If anyone has a link please feel free to post it in here. I called the Honda dealership the other day and it seems that the driver side window regulator I needed is now discontinued and nobody in the U.S. has any. Will a window regulator from a different civic work? These are manual windows by the way.

Comments

• SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    Read :
    http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?2173-Window-Crank-Problem&highlight=syringe

Read posting # 8 & 20.

All usdm are manual windows.NON-usdm ones some time after '92 had power.
    There's a thread on doing power conversion.
  • Today my regulator completely seized. Will greasing it still work or will I have to buy a completely new regulator. If so, will a regulator from a different civic of the same year fit?
    Mine would seize up every so often.I'd have to crank it back & forth.Don't know how bad yours is.Won't hurt to try.Just do all the recommendations in the link.It work pretty well on mine.Most probably haven't been greased EVER.
  • My driver side regulator started binding about a year ago. I removed it, gave it a half ass clean and re-greased it. Still smooth as butter to this day.

Does not hurt to try it.
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    bam told me a while back that you can still get them new from Honda... worth a try if you're willing to spend :)
  • mtnkid85mtnkid85 Band Wagon
    I believe that is no longer the case. Both my local dealer as well as Majestic Honda has said there is none left. I think for awhile there they where discontinued but the various dealers/warehouses still had a few left and so they could still be gotten... Not anymore though.
    Charb wrote: »
    bam told me a while back that you can still get them new from Honda... worth a try if you're willing to spend :)
  • Yeah I checked with my local dealer. They said there was one left in the country in Idaho Falls. Turns out it was an inventory error :(
  • I've been told a manual sedan one will work but will go down short. not totally sure on that though. Or you can try to rebuild your original one
    You might be in luck.Went to me goto place for honda parts:
    http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=1990&catcgry3=5DR+4WD+%281600%29&catcgry4=KL5MT&catcgry5=FRONT+DOOR+WINDOW

Interesting they show only the driver's side,but no passenger side.About $80.

Try My fav aftmrkt goto place....ROCKAUTO.COM .They have a bunch of reg.,but i suspect input info is WRONG.Triple verify b4 ordering.

I'm pretty sure the reg. r wgn ONLY part.
  • JVracerJVracer New Wagonist
    I had this problem a few months ago and I was lucky enough to finally fine one from a wagon at the junk yard. BUT for that time I customized one out a 90 civic sedan. out of the 2 I made one the worst part is that you have to invert the legs on the one form the sedan and use the window tracks from the wagon and it will work.
  • JV i have the dorman 89 sedan oe replacement for my passenger side. what kind of rigging did you do to get the "rear" window mount to fit? other than that it works like a freaking dream
  • I found a source for a new window regulator. Look at AMAYAMA TRADING COMPANY in Singapore. I ordered a driver side regulator yesterday for $82, shipping included. It won't be here until after the New Year probably, but it's the only place on the planet I could find one.
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    No longer available through Honda. Checked and Verified. I need one too!
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Scratch that. This motivated me to go out and work on mine. It was dry as a bone. I lubed the shit out of it and it works better than ever.
  • I need to do that myself. My drivers side is a bear to roll up.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Band Wagon
    My regulator arrived six days after I ordered it. It took an hour to install and adjust. The window goes up and down silky smooth now and the car seems to purr now when I drive it.:encouragement:
  • p3skyking wrote: »
    I found a source for a new window regulator. Look at AMAYAMA TRADING COMPANY in Singapore. I ordered a driver side regulator yesterday for $82, shipping included. It won't be here until after the New Year probably, but it's the only place on the planet I could find one.

I Sent in a request for all windows and they only have the front drivers side.
    I ordered one, because mine seems to be from a sedan.. they don't roll down all the way..
    it was $82.78 purchased Feb 2nd shipped Feb 4th.. according to the tracking it was delivered today.... I DON'T HAVE IT???
  • It did come today!!!
    150.jpg
    151.jpg
    152.jpg
  • mxncmxnc Band Wagon
    MrJayDM wrote: »
    It did come today!!!
    150.jpg
    151.jpg
    152.jpg
    So howhow does it fit?
  • I think I need one also
  • mxnc wrote: »
    So how does it fit?

Life has been getting in the way!!
    I still have not had a chance to install it!!
  • mxncmxnc Band Wagon
    I ordered one from the same shipper and and it worked perfect. It only took my 5 days to get it too, through hong kong post. Im so glad my window works now.
  • MrJayDMMrJayDM Wagonist
    mxnc wrote: »
    It only took me 5 days to get it too, through Hong Kong post.

Yes I was shocked how fast I received mine!! It took only 5 or 6 days from the other side of the world!!
  • Amayama Trading is now out of them. Can anyone give info on the Dorman 740-446? http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-740-446-Driver-Manual-Regulator/dp/compatibility-chart/B001UC72QC

Modifications, adaptations etc.?

Thanks
  • I placed an inquiry with http://jp-carparts.com/
    They replied that they could get the part from Honda. Price, with shipping & Paypal charges, $105.55!
    I paid it, we'll see if it arrives.
  • KingofathfKingofathf Band Wagon
    It looks like Amayama might have some more window regulators in stock, Here's hoping they fit
  • Just received my regulator from http://jp-carparts.com/ Just what I needed and fast shipping. It would have been here Friday if I had been here to sign for it.
    Why can THEY get this stuff from Honda, but the dealers in this country can't/won't? Inquiring minds want to know.