Rear Hitches 4 Gen

I would like to see picture of a real frame mounted rear hitch for a 4 gen wagon. I can't really find a whole lot on these, other than the cheezy one mounted to the body with bolts I'm sorry if you have one, I just don't think I could trust it.

Please help me find this so I can either buy one or make one. Thanks for all the help in advance.

Comments

• So nobody has responded. Does anybody have one???? I thought someone would have some thing. Please help. Just need some measurements or decent pictures.
  • I see ThinkFab back in 2007 was going FAB one up just messaged him hopefully something.
  • Looks like I made a mistake over two years ago with posting 3rd gen Vs. 4th gen... So now I think I'm going to build one.... Any suggestions let me know

Thanks Tony
  • gearhead313gearhead313 Band Wagon
    So what is your goal and what about the stock hitch do you not like? Just curious, I'm eventually going to be putting a hitch on my 89...
  • greenteagodgreenteagod Moderator
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-1991-Honda-Civic-Wagon-Trailer-Hitch-Kit-CURT-11592-56175-/400528310291?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d41590013

Looks like that just bolts up where the tow hooks are located. Didn't find any pics of where it's mounted. I get not wanting that little one that you screw into the sheet metal, that just scares me.
  • gearhead313gearhead313 Band Wagon
    if you click on the instructions, it shows just the plate mounted to the rear tub... THAT is not cool! I'd want at least the receiver... Maybe the picture is right though? I'm not sure.
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    it has a bolt that goes through the rear loop as well as the 3 on the rear of the tirewell. Noone in the US makes a frame mounted one. I'd like to see a good example myself though as well as how to incorporate it with my sway bar brackets.
  • ragenasianragenasian Moderator
    I have a frame mounted EDM one sitting in the garage not being used. Here is a pic of the main brackets mounted through the frame.

655.jpg

513.jpg
  • 90RT4WD90RT4WD Band Wagon
    I really want that. ^
  • if you click on the instructions, it shows just the plate mounted to the rear tub... THAT is not cool! I'd want at least the receiver... Maybe the picture is right though? I'm not sure.

Ah representative image, those jerks.

Back to the OP, if you're making one, does that mean you have access to a welder? The plate and metal tube would be fairly easy to work with. It looks like the mounting brackets bolt into where the tow hooks go.

You can get receiver tubes for cheap I think from just about anywhere, home depot, lowes etc. So you'd not have to custom fab that bit at least.

I don't know if hitches for these things are like hens teeth where only a select few have them or not, but if you can DIY, that's what I'd do personally.