Oem wagon roof rack help?

I want to put on my roof rack. Yet, after searching and searching, I couldn't find a build thread that had 'what I need' to install the rack.
I am wondering what do I need in order to put it on (rivets? I know I don't just drill holes and screw it in), not have it leak(silicon?) or fall off while driveing, and theft proof(not sure is wagons that came with them are theft proof?)

thanks!

Comments

• Riv-nuts will be what you are after. Harbor Freight or whatever its called should sell them.
  • to add to NZ's, I would use some flat rubber gaskets and use UV9000 glue from tap plastics just to make sure they are water tight and UV proof.

Ken
  • Great Information!
    Mill do a write up when I have time and put it on. Hopefully I do it right!
  • moebiius wrote: »
    to add to NZ's, I would use some flat rubber gaskets and use UV9000 glue from tap plastics just to make sure they are water tight and UV proof.

You mean like orings?
  • O-rings tend to be round in diameter, I think they might work better on oil filters but I think this application you're better off with flat rubber gaskets, but yes, they both serve the same purpose

Ken
  • racepakracepak Band Wagon
    oem has some type of glue that dissolves in water, i just removed my rivets (had to cut 3 of them) since it had that crap in the threads,
  • Any place to get the measurements for where to put it on the roof?