Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by arries289 View Post
    Great job on the rust attack. I am afraid to dig into my wagon too deep cause I don't know what I will find...lol. Looking forward to your updates.
    Yeah it was quite scary, but felt I needed to just find everything ASAP and get working on it. Thanks, I'll be continuing on it in 2 weeks times, will update when I do!

Quote Originally Posted by benji_ee2 View Post
    I've seen your build on HT, good shit man!
    Thanks mate! Yeah felt I should of had the build thread here as well.. It's here now

Kinda annoyed how it seems all the posts have stayed on this first page.. Anyone know why this would have happened/how to fix.. Admins?

Band Wagon
    Amazing work! The art of saving a Wagon is often talked about, you are doing exactly that!

Quote Originally Posted by andreas542 View Post
    Amazing work! The art of saving a Wagon is often talked about, you are doing exactly that!
    Yeah I've seen it many speak of it, always like to see others doing the same. I'll be working on it a bit this weekend welding in some new metal up front, so stay tuned!

It's been a few months, was busy with end of university semester, then had a track day which took 2 weekends prior to prep, then the track day, followed by 2 weekends away.. So much time missed on the wagon, but we are back!

Last weekend we continued, first tackling the drivers chassis replacement piece which is in the last photo above. Went in easily, welding was a bit 50/50 as its been a while, however not too fussed as it's getting ground down.

Now to do the same with the passenger side, first tacking in then going around welding it, followed by grinding. Prior to all we drilled these holes which were mirror off the initial rusty piece which was cut out. A newly purchase set of christmas tree drill bits were used, first time using them and I must say they work the treat!

To finish off the day we bent the drivers side piece over, which after I realised it's meant to be the layer on top which is bent over (oh well). I was also given a free D16Y1 a few months ago to add to the 'collection', sorted some pallets from dads work with a bit of cutting, fitted quite nicely under the side bench.

Annnnd onto today. Started the day off by putting on both fenders, front bar and bonnet, and had some toast.

With the panels, we were able to bolt down the bonnet and align everything. This was because the next piece to weld in was the threaded piece for the bonnet on the passenger side. It was clamped in place whilst algining and then I cranked up the amps and pumped the weld into 2 spot welds on the piece. The top one which you can see below was there from factory, the bottom one we drilled ourselves. The top one was the only one we saw when initially removing it, no idea what else held it down apart from the layer which goes above. I did not want to take any chances with the bonnet flying off whilst driving. I'm still contemplating welding around the edges of it before putting the piece over it.

With this sorted my dad starting working a piece for the top of it, whilst he did this as it's a 1 man job I started on this, well horrible previous rust repair job by someone in the past, on the drivers door jam. My plan was to grind the aids back to level with the body and assess how bad it still is, as the door stopper piece is still quite solidly welded in there. Theres still some weld inside which has surface rust which the grinder won't reach to. I can either weld up some the holes around it to clean it up and leave it, or cut it all out and do again.. Still unsure what to do as there are 2 layers there..

Also grinded back this surface rust under the door hinges

And so this is where we are at, this is will cover the lower part, with a seperate piece to cover the upright. They will obviously be welded together. To make 1 whole piece seemed kinda tricky so dad thought this would be an easier method.