Sunny - 1993 Rare Civic Si Find

I saw this car for the first time when I went to look at a 91 wagon owned by a guy who ran into a friend of mine in a parking lot admiring his WRX wagon. My friend passed me his number and I went to take a look.

A 2 owner, never driven in winter, 62k EG Si isn't something you stumble across often across the US in this day and age, much less one you find in Wisconsin. Initially I talked with Johnathan about helping to sell the wagon and the Si but eventually a friend of mine said he was interested in buying the wagon. Jonathan and I talked about putting the wagon up for 4k which seemed a good price given the market today. The wagon is a 1991 RT4WD with 97k miles, never driven in winter. What!? This guy basically has a best-of early 90's museum at his house.

Jonathan thought 3k was a little low for the wagon, but I asked if he would sell the wagon and the si for 3k each if we picked them both up. He agreed and after a few missed connections I ended up going to pick up the Si first. After seeing the Si move out of his driveway Jonathan decided not to sell the wagon. I guess seeing one piece of 90s nostalgia leave was too much for one man to handle. I know it would be for me too.
    I don't know how long the car sat, but it was at least a year or two. Lots of sun fade, and clear coat damage to the roof, and also noticeable on tops of the body panels. All the molding is cracked and the tires look pretty dry rotted as well.

I've got a load of parts on the way:

OEM Honda parts
    Koni Yellows
    Eibach Pro-Kit
    Eibach Sway kit
    Falken Azeniz
    Brembo blanks
    Hawk HPS 5.0 pads

As Found:

Attached Images Attached Images
    "It's very difficult to present technology as an overtly positive sales device to people who want an emotional car" -Chris Harris
    My Wagon Blog
    My Civic Si Blog

On DUBZ after the first wash. I pulled all the moldings and power washed everything.

More pics and a write up at the blog in my sig or a full album of pics here:https://photos.app.goo.gl/AMxa5Sy125JXNHkf9
    "It's very difficult to present technology as an overtly positive sales device to people who want an emotional car" -Chris Harris
    My Wagon Blog
    My Civic Si Blog

Just WOW! What a great find! Congrats!
    88 WAGO MF !!!!

Wagonist
    That's a great find SH! Look forward to seeing what you do with it.
    89 Blue RT Auto
    All stock
    DaPics!

The hubcaps are OEM and mint. He pulled them off the car and put them in his basement right when he bought it back in 95. I asked if he had the OEM steelies and he said yeah they are in the basement so we went down to get them. Then he was like "Oh I have these too" and just pulled them out from a box just sitting in the corner.

I'm going for an OEM+ type of feel to the car, maybe OBD1 B16 at some point in the future but I'm hesitant to even do that. I do know that now I have two great 90's civics I'm going to go bonkers on the wagon.
    My Wagon Blog
    My Civic Si Blog

BEAUTIFUL! Great find. Love the OEM hubcaps!
    @billdirects

Great find man what are the odds that both of your cars are red too lol. I love those hubcaps I had mine refinished on my white ek sedan.

Fuck. YES.

Band Wagon
    That looks impressive! Great find indeed.

Band Wagon
    The exterior looks good. I did the color!