Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Wagonist
    Very cool! A lot of work but it will be well worth it.
    89 Blue RT Auto
    All stock
    DaPics!

New Wagonist
    Very Nice ! After my auto swap, i had to connect the 2 heavy gauge black wires that were going to the auto shifter so it thinks its in park to start, Also had to drill a clutch hole.
    Sort out a plate with a hole for the shifter, to cover the hole where the manual shifter comes up. (use the one from the parts car i guess)
    If you find your battery going flat over about 2 days, and it makes a click when you disconnect the battery, just remove one of the wires on the ignition barrel (by itself on the side) Something to do with needing the key in to move the shifter i think. (was a drain on the brakelight/hazard fuse i think for that, you'll find the one, it'll click again when you disconnect it etc) like a solenoid click.
    Also found it easiest to drop the whole steering column down from the dash to get the pedals in.

Some new parts arriving.

Once it warms up I'll get cracking on putting everything in. Right now my garage floor has 2 A6's, a B16A2 block, Z6 head and manual trans hanging out. I need to purge! lol
    "It's very difficult to present technology as an overtly positive sales device to people who want an emotional car" -Chris Harris
    My Wagon Blog
    My Civic Si Blog

Parts are coming in slowly. Header should be here today and that's the last piece I need to get the install going.

Cleaned the engine bay this weekend:

I'm moving in a different direction though. After some thought I've decided to build an NA Z6. In the short term I'll be putting in the stock A6 as I'm getting the Z6 built. I should be getting the car back together in the next few weeks. I swapped out the manual transmission cables and took out the AT shifter so progress is being made!
    "It's very difficult to present technology as an overtly positive sales device to people who want an emotional car" -Chris Harris
    My Wagon Blog
    My Civic Si Blog

Header arrived!

My Wagon Blog
    My Civic Si Blog

holy moly... loving the progress!!
    @billdirects

Wagonist
    That is a wild looking header! Wonder how much heat that baby is going to put in the engine compartment? You going to wrap it? Good job on the build, SH!
    89 Blue RT Auto
    All stock
    DaPics!

Quote Originally Posted by arries289 View Post
    That is a wild looking header! Wonder how much heat that baby is going to put in the engine compartment? You going to wrap it? Good job on the build, SH!
    I haven't thought about wrapping it yet. I ran a Bisimoto header in my last wagon and head never seemed to be an issue that I could tell. I thought that maybe this one would work with the RT trans but I think it's going to hit a little. It comes unflanged so re-welding shouldn't be too much work. But I've got to get the exhaust custom welded to work with the RT body, and weld up the high flow cat so I'm sure I'll end up paying a grip for all the exhaust welding I need done.
    My Wagon Blog
    My Civic Si Blog

Band Wagon
    This wagon is crazy clean I just wish my damn front end lined up properly on mine lol

Of note...the HKS exhaust needs a LOT of modification to fit. For the most part I used the axle back and the resonator and then used 2.25" piping for the rest of the run. The Hatchback version doesn't work at all for the RT for a variety of reasons. Even the way the muffler sits is different between the two models.
    My Wagon Blog
    My Civic Si Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Shwagoneer View Post
    This wagon is crazy clean I just wish my damn front end lined up properly on mine lol
    Thanks! That credit really goes to @Billboard for keeping it so clean. It needs a little body work near the rear arches but I'm hopefully putting my own touches on the wagon so that I can consider the torch passed from Bill to me soon.
    My Wagon Blog
    My Civic Si Blog

Pics of some stuff.

Tires have been chosen:

http://www.autocross.us/forums/topic...ires-for-2016/

My Wagon Blog
    My Civic Si Blog

I took off the lower panel to drop the steering wheel and get at the pedals and I couldn't deal with the alarm and cruise wiring. While I was there I decided to cut the fog light wiring too and re-run everything. I'm a bit anal about wiring.

My Wagon Blog
    My Civic Si Blog

Wagonist
    Yeah, that is pretty ugly!!
    89 Blue RT Auto
    All stock
    DaPics!

It was all zip-tied up somewhat cleanly...but the cruise control module didn't work and you can't get the modules anymore. I don't really need an alarm and so it was just a lot of extra wiring in the engine bay and under the dash that I wanted to get rid of.
    My Wagon Blog
    My Civic Si Blog

I worked really hard on wiring those fog lights. lols. However I cannot take credit for the rest of the mess. I like what you got going on here.

Sadly the Cruise control never worked for me either
    @billdirects

Wagonist
    Love the build man! Like were this car is going now! POWER WAGON!

Quote Originally Posted by BillBoard View Post
    I worked really hard on wiring those fog lights. lols. However I cannot take credit for the rest of the mess. I like what you got going on here.

Sadly the Cruise control never worked for me either
    The fog light wiring was good actually, I especially appreciated the fuse block taps you used for power! Once the Z6 goes in I'll be using a Rywire engine bay harness and so I just wanted to streamline all the wiring in the bay regardless. I also got a new set of fogs which have a little less wear on them.

The cruise had some module in the engine bay and then the brain tucked under the dash. I looked around on Ebay for a while and couldn't find a replacement for either with the original brand name so I just decided to pull it and reduce some of the clutter in the bay.
    My Wagon Blog
    My Civic Si Blog

I hemmed and hawed over what pedals to get and in the end just decided on a new set of OEM pedals for now. Repainted the arms and I might try and get a stiffer spring for the gas pedal to help give it some more feedback.

My Wagon Blog
    My Civic Si Blog

Wagonist
    Quote Originally Posted by superhatch View Post
    I hemmed and hawed over what pedals to get and in the end just decided on a new set of OEM pedals for now. Repainted the arms and I might try and get a stiffer spring for the gas pedal to help give it some more feedback.

Where can I get OEM pedals? I need new ones for both of my cars hah.

I like the idea on the stiffer gas pedal spring, would like some feedback on that once you do it.

You may want to strengthen the pivot point and surrounding area for the clutch pedal - it is known to break at the welds and flex meaning only partial clutch movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydz View Post
    You may want to strengthen the pivot point and surrounding area for the clutch pedal - it is known to break at the welds and flex meaning only partial clutch movement.
    A friend just mentioned that to me! Were gonna take it in to the shop and weld it up next week.

On another note, might be some delay in the project.

Picking this up on Saturday:

myatadv.blogspot.com

My Wagon Blog
    My Civic Si Blog

Wagonist
    You are going to love the RE-71R! Those tires are still the fastest street tire on the market for autox. I am currently running them and love them!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Van View Post
    You are going to love the RE-71R! Those tires are still the fastest street tire on the market for autox. I am currently running them and love them!
    Awesome! I've read nothing but good stuff about them. I think last year 80% of the street class winners had them on. lol
    My Wagon Blog
    My Civic Si Blog

Wagonist
    SH, I need you to forget about that bike and get back on that Wagon! NO DISTRACTIONS ALLOWED!!
    89 Blue RT Auto
    All stock
    DaPics!