New Wagonist

Bluebell Needs a New Engine & a Temporary Home

Hi all,

I am in Bellingham, WA. Bluebell is my blue 89RT wagon. She was my grad school commuter and is equipped with the requisite bumper stickers. She has had some $ sunk in for some new parts, and I threw $800 into an attempted engine repair a couple of years ago that didn't take.

Now she needs a new engine, and her hatch is askew. (Poor girl.) I can't afford to give her a new engine just now, and she's been patiently waiting in my driveway for a new lease on life, but now I'm about to lose said driveway, as we are moving to a new, driveway-less apartment home.

I'd like some ideas for where she could live between now and such time as I could afford to fix her. (Probably late 2014, early 2015 at the soonest.) Anyone have a bit of extra space and wouldn't mind an extra wagon hanging around? She is not running, so I'd have to have her towed ... which means her temporary home would have to be in B'ham. If she's going to an official repair place, I can have her towed by AAA, but if it's just storage (or a hobbyist's driveway), I'd have to pay for the tow. Anyone know of a good, cheap B'ham/Whatcom towing company that knows how to treat a wagon?

TIA
    Jennifer/89rtmama
    Last edited by 89rtmama; 07-26-2014 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Specifying my location ...
    I heart my wagon.

Damn. When you said Bham I almost volunteered. Down here that's Birmingham!

New Wagonist

Aww ...

Quote Originally Posted by bam-bam View Post
    Damn. When you said Bham I almost volunteered. Down here that's Birmingham!
    Thanks for the thought! I hope someone up here in the Other B'ham will find it in their heart and/or driveway.

89rtmama
    I heart my wagon.

New Wagonist
    I wonder if it's possible to revive such an old thread? I hope so!

Bluebell is still not running :{ but she needs a home! Anybody have ideas for me? (Other than turning her into a planter!)

So far I've thought of ...
    - renting a parking spot (not going to happen, no storage places will accept a non-running vehicle, for obvious reasons)
    - selling her to someone to part out (unfortunately I can't part out myself, I lack both the skill and the space for such)
    - donating her to a nonprofit, you know, the ones that say "we'll accept any car, running or not"
    - having her towed to a pull-a-part, for the benefit of the wagon community

But .. .to be honest I don't really want to do any of those things. First of all, I invested in that car, both buying it and fixing various things. Second, I love it and I'd really like to be able to drive it again. Everything was working except the engine needs to be rebuilt (or replaced), and the hatch needs to be fixed. I don't have the resources to have a shop do either, though. My dream solution is to have a "project buddy" who'd be willing to host Bluebell next to their own collection of wagons, and I'd even consider paying by the month for a place to park her until such time as I can buy an engine and a hatch. (And if said buddy wanted to actually consider helping me put a new engine in/hatch on, if and when I manage to find them, even better!)

She needs a new home within the next week or two, so even if you have a temporary spot for her, I'd be willing to consider it. Anyplace I can have her towed to within Bellingham, WA and environs is just fine.
    I heart my wagon.

Band Wagon
    I'm in Lake Stevens and have an outdoor parking spot. I know triple a will tow it here for you if you tell them I'm repairing it or you're moving here. They ask all the questions on the phone, but when the driver shows up he doesn't care. I'd hate to see it go to the scrapper, so message me and we can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by 89rtmama View Post
    I wonder if it's possible to revive such an old thread? I hope so!

Bluebell is still not running :{ but she needs a home! Anybody have ideas for me? (Other than turning her into a planter!)

So far I've thought of ...
    - renting a parking spot (not going to happen, no storage places will accept a non-running vehicle, for obvious reasons)
    - selling her to someone to part out (unfortunately I can't part out myself, I lack both the skill and the space for such)
    - donating her to a nonprofit, you know, the ones that say "we'll accept any car, running or not"
    - having her towed to a pull-a-part, for the benefit of the wagon community

But .. .to be honest I don't really want to do any of those things. First of all, I invested in that car, both buying it and fixing various things. Second, I love it and I'd really like to be able to drive it again. Everything was working except the engine needs to be rebuilt (or replaced), and the hatch needs to be fixed. I don't have the resources to have a shop do either, though. My dream solution is to have a "project buddy" who'd be willing to host Bluebell next to their own collection of wagons, and I'd even consider paying by the month for a place to park her until such time as I can buy an engine and a hatch. (And if said buddy wanted to actually consider helping me put a new engine in/hatch on, if and when I manage to find them, even better!)

She needs a new home within the next week or two, so even if you have a temporary spot for her, I'd be willing to consider it. Anyplace I can have her towed to within Bellingham, WA and environs is just fine.