Wagonist

Engine rebuild/swap in the Tacoma/Seattle area?

Alright, I had a plan to do this myself, but my backup car plan has been foiled and I'm limited to a motorcycle as my only other means of transportation, meaning I don't have 2-3 weeks to do this at my pace (never done a honda engine rebuild). So I'm looking to find a shop to do this for me. I have a SOHC ZC that I wanted to drop in (pulled out of a running car, that's all I know), but I'm thinking, at this point, that I'd rather just have my engine rebuilt, the right way and be done with it for now. Would also like to have the tranny looked at, I get a grind going into second if my RPM's are too high/shift too fast, if I go slow, it's fine.
    So yeah, anyone have suggestions for something like this? I can read reviews all day, but looking for real world experiences with local shops, would love to find somewhere with a warranty so if anything does go sour, I've got a plan B. I know most of us are DIY guys, but I'm kind of up against a wall at this point.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions. I'm not super opposed to doing it on my own if someone local wants to help out/advise and I'd totally hand over some cash for the help, but I really can't be without my car for much more than 2 weeks at the very most.

Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by quarters
    to even contemplate restoring that car makes me think you might be just a little bit out of your mind.
    My '91 RT Build Thread <--------

Wagonist
    I did contact this place: http://www.yelp.com/biz/japanese-auto-service-tacoma

He said $1795, five days to get my car back, 18 month warranty
    A little steep on the price and he wouldn't tell me if they rebuilt or swapped. He said I didn't need to worry about it, it would just happen, lol. I did tell him I had an all wheel drive wagon, I'm assuming the put in a crate motor and call it good.

Would love to keep this engine with the car though.
    Quote Originally Posted by quarters
    to even contemplate restoring that car makes me think you might be just a little bit out of your mind.
    My '91 RT Build Thread <--------