B-series RT discussion

Not running or anything, but I got all the mounts wrapped up today. The rear imput shaft hangs a little lower than I would like, but overall I like the way it sits in the bay. Yes, it was a pain in the ass. This is not a straightforward swap. Definatly not a job for the garage swapper. Ive used the mill, welder (including tig), and of course air a lot over the last week.

Tomorrow I plan on cleaning up inside the enginebay and hopefully stabbing in the motor/tranny for the last time. The new clutch, flywheel, cams, springs and retainers are all installed as well. However I didnt adjust the valves just yet (the vicodens were wearing off :wink: ).

Still a lot to do, and I mean a lot. I really need to have the car out of the shop by the end of the week (container from Japan coming in!) to make room for other stuff. So hopefully I can con some help from others so I can figure out how the hell Im going to do the rear diff, cause theres gonna be some serious issues with that as far as getting everything to work properly, w/o spending a ton of money on stupid shit. Meaning the only rear CRV axles Ive been able to locate were $495 each and four weeks out. That price is just fucking stupid and I absolutly will not pay that kind of money. Ill hafta keep looking.

Comments

• DD Wagonist
    shenrie wrote:
    Meaning the only rear CRV axles Ive been able to locate were $495 each and four weeks out. That price is just fucking stupid and I absolutly will not pay that kind of money. Ill hafta keep looking.

LOL, that is absolutly insane.
  • akiraboyakiraboy HondaCivicWagon.com Founder
    any updates on this?
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    ya any updates? hunt downs axles on ebay i founf them cheap on there when i wanted to AWD my integra.
    bump for updates? im only about 4 hours from boise i might have to come check this out hell ill even come help.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    hey shenrie, i thought i saw you at the parkinglot races on saturday... I know i saw your wagon- you got it running?
    :lol: :lol:
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Shenrie has been busy with work but i'm sure he'll update when he is ready and able.
    dam im ancy to see it im seriously thinking about driving down to check it out.
    Any updates of this beast? I've been thinking of putting my GSR motor into my wagon possibly next summer. what axles and half shaft are u running with the CRV tranny?
    akiraboy wrote:
    any updates on this?
  • SLeePERSLeePER New Wagonist
    updates please :)
  • shenrieshenrie Council Member
    Im sorry guys. When I posted this thread up it didnt get much play, so I wasnt too worried about updates, but now that I see people are interested in my efforts, Ill try to make some time do a write up. I still have most of the pix that I took along the way, but some of the later chores were left without pix due to frustration etc...but its nothing I cant get pix of now.

The car is up and running, and a blast I might add. It doesnt feel quite as quick as the Integra with the same motor setup, but my pants dyno has been wrong before. Could be all the extra drivetrain as well. I will get the car on the dyno here soon seeing as how we just got one. Just havnet had the time.

So until I have the time to sit down and do a writeup, Im game to answering questions if you have any??
  • DD Wagonist
    shenrie wrote:
    So until I have the time to sit down and do a writeup, Im game to answering questions if you have any??

Where'd you end up getting rear axels... and how much? :)
    I found them from some junkyard, cant remember where. Ended up being around 35 bucks a piece. Had to have them modified though which set me back another 60 bucks.
  • please please please do a write up the a a rad project !
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Indeed, writeup demanded! :P
    turbo_teg wrote:
    Any updates of this beast? I've been thinking of putting my GSR motor into my wagon possibly next summer. what axles and half shaft are u running with the CRV tranny?

Sorry, didnt see this. Using the DA axles and int shaft with the CRV tranny just like any other b-series swap. I actually drove the car around for a few weeks w/o awd and it was just like any other Honda swap Ive done.

Also, anytime you are in the area just hit me up. Id be more than happy to show you the wagon and whatever other crazy projects we have going on at the shop. Weve got a really nice R33 GTR here thats caused lots of drool. Its well done, but not my style. Still a nice car reguardless. Its the gold R33 thats in PAS magazine this month. Heres a link: http://www.pasmag.com/article.asp?ID=411 The car is actually for sale if you know anybody with a pocket full of money thats interested in a 50 state legal Skyline. A rare commodity these days.

And yes I will do a writeup for the swap. It will take a while though. I dont have much time for stuff like that. Especially when we get good snow.
    thx for the update, I'm sure you'll be getting PMs for your Bswap from interested members on the daily!
  • sounds like a lot of work.

pictures?
    shenrie took me for a ride in his wagon the other day,
    it was awesome... shit is fast...

made me jealous...
    i'll take pics of his car this next saturday... (that is if he will allow it)
    :D
    If Ill allow it.....sheesh. Of course I will. Why build something fun if you cant share it with others?? I can even pull it on the four post and you can snap away at all the under crap that my camera fizzled out for. Maybie Ill even have you help me with all the pix I took to get them somewhere I can start working on the writeup??
  • I'll be waiting :)
    damn Billboard went for a ride, what the crap...jealousy :shock:
    sway001.jpg
  • duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    anyone have some tissue? i've seemed to have drooled all over myself

damn clean....damn nice....damn.....
    New pics- sorry camera sucks, i have better ones i took with my SLR that are being developed- and i'll scan those in soon...

shenrie's ride:

DVC00821.jpg

DVC00819.jpg

DVC00817.jpg

111.jpg

DVC00822.jpg

112.jpg

DVC00811.jpg
    DVC00814.jpg
    gangsta
    DVC00807.jpg
    DVC00805.jpg
    My car half way through the drop
    DVC00799.jpg
  • NJCIVICWAGON1NJCIVICWAGON1 Council Member
    shenrie wrote:
    www.civicwagon.com
    Beautiful......B Series AWD!!!!!!! How difficult was it to pull this off? Proud to finally see this done. Great work.... How'd she run? Is it worth boosting it now?
  • curtcurt Wagonist
    very nice
    Thanks everyone!! Comps are always much appreciated!!

B-series awd was a lot of work. Im in the process now of doing a writeup. That way you guys car decide for yourselves if its something you wanna tackle. Boosting the car is definatly in the plan, just a matter of time till I have the money. Also still trying to research the amount of power that people are feeding the Bseries awd stuff and keeping it reliable. Which I cant seem to find anyone who has actually pushed the limits with this setup. Im sure there has been, I just havent and cant seem to cross paths with these people.

Thanks for postin the pix Bill! And BTW, hows that badboy ride now that its 3" lower??
  • duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    man that is nice. very clean and nicely done. i'm glad someone finally did this, just to show it can be done. madddd props to you

is that a GT-R R33 in the background i see?
    duckie8310 wrote:
    is that a GT-R R33 in the background i see?

It is actually. Good eye there man! Thank you for the comps as well!!