Motor mounts - 1991 RT

I bought all new stock motor mounts a while back along with inserts and just now started getting into the repair. The front, rear, and left side mounts all look correct but the right (transmission) that I got appears to be wrong. I checked parts sites and I can't find any that look like the correct part. If there's already a thread on this, I apologize...I scoured the forum somewhat and searched but I can't ever find much using this search engine.

This is the right side mount I got.

https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/beckarnley-104-1106

Help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• I just looked at both driver side mount of my wagons right now, ones a 89 manual RT4WD the other is a 90 auto FWD they look the same on my end, how big of a difference is on yours do you have any pictures

Top is the 89, bottom is 90

• Vtec_ShuttleVtec_Shuttle Wagonist
    edited January 2022

Right side passenger side correct? if so disregard top comment I’m an idiot lol, passenger side is wagon specific, I’m trying to find some info, also automatic and manual transmission mounts are different too (RT4WD)

• Yes, passenger side, no biggie. I forgot to specify, but it is a manual. Thanks for looking into it. If I can't find a replacement I'll just stick the insert in the old one. It's not torn or even cracked much, just a little saggy but I'm sure I could wedge the insert in with a little silicone grease. Looks like it'll fit in both the RT mount or the regular one.

• I ended up just reusing the old (right) transmission mount. The cracking wasn't too bad and the mount inserts went in with some silicone grease and vice persuasion.

It was overall difficult to work in there under the wiring harness (also because it kept trying to spit out the inserts) but not the most difficult mount to replace, I'm sure most of you know which one took that cake. To make that rear mount install easier I took a queue from the Innovative poly mounts with the slotted holes and made the cutout so I could get that hard to reach bolt started first.

I used the Energy Suspension inserts for the front and rear, and Prothane for the left and right. Heads up to anyone to doesn't already know, the ES mounts are soft polyurethane and the Prothane are hard. Naturally the soft ones were easier to install. The engine is so much more solid and responsive though. Pretty happy with the results.